Thursday, January 22, 2015

Quotes That Get Me Through

I ask you, who among us doesn't have a quote or two that they rely on when they need a little motivation? Or inspiration? Or comfort? I used to think this was just a girl thing, but I've seen more and more of my male friends throw one down, so I guess it's really an all humans thing. I've never considered myself particularly deep or philosophical (and I can hear you laughing at the thought), but there actually are a few quotes that really connect with me, and as such, have become my mantras at one time or another. I'm not necessarily sure of their origin or author, and I tend to favor those that don't require any kind of analysis or interpretation of their message. The obvious, simple, and/or humorous ones usually do the trick. Some are more meaningful and personal to me than others, but in one way, shape, or form, they each speak to me. In fact for most of these I could almost see light bulb going on over my head the first time I heard them, and often times, they provide much needed focus to carry on. Not that they were ever secret, but I decided to share them today because maybe there's one or two that will affect you in the same way. Plus, seeing what connects with someone can tell you a lot about where that person has been or wants to be. So then, consider these words of wisdom a way to help you peel back a layer of the complex onion that is me. Or not. Whatever.

"If you want to know where your heart lies, look to where your mind wanders."

"Nothing changes if nothing changes"

"Sometimes your heart needs time to accept what your mind already knows."

"You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one."  

"You must make a choice to take a chance or your life with never change."

"Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change."

"The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for."

"Be careful of the toes you step on today. They could be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow." 

"Well behaved women seldom make history"

"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

"He who laughs, lasts."

"This too shall pass."

And last, but not least.....



Blogfully yours, 
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment